Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26, 2010 - Romans 14:13,14

"Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in theway of another. I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean."

Oh, come on. You know you do it. So do I. We pass judgment on people all day long. People we know, strangers, coworkers, family, friends. And just about the time I start passing judgment, it comes around to bite me in the fanny.

I'm especially hard on people who profess to be Christians, yet don't act like what I think a Christian should act like. I, for one, do not believe in psychics. Especially "famous" ones who are making a boatload of money off innocent and trusting people. The people called on in the audience are most likely plants, and any astute person can figure out your life story with a few well-planned questions. But if a friend or family member wants to spend their hard-earned dough on the off chance somebody from the "other side" is going to contact them, well, so be it. And if that's judgmental, then I guess it is. I'm just not at all sure this "gift" comes from God, that's all.

Yet, here I am, with Paul in my ear saying...hey, don't judge. What do YOU do that isn't exactly kosher either? Hmmmm? Where do I fall short? Because, believe me, I know I do. So, before I sit in the judgment seat, I need to take the beam out of my own eye, I suppose. And I have a feeling that may be easier said than done. How about you? What are you judgmental about?

No comments:

Post a Comment