Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010 - Sirach 2:1-6

Yes, it's kind of a long one today:

"My child, when you come to serve the Lord,
prepare yourself for testing.
Set your heart right and be steadfast,
and do not be impetuous in time of calamity.
Cling to Him and do not depart,
so that your last days may be prosperous.
Accept whatever befalls you,
and in times of humiliations be patient.
For gold is tested in the fire,
and those found acceptable,
in the furnace of humiliation.
Trust in Him, and He will help you,
make your ways straight, and hope in Him."

I actually started looking up the word "disappointment" this morning, but came across this instead. I've come to understand that putting one's trust in people almost never works. People will disappoint you. They make promises they either can't or won't keep. But God never disappoints. At least, God has never disappointed me.

And yet, I continue to believe with Anne Frank that "People are really good at heart." There was a book out a while back, I think my Yancy, called "Disappointment with God." I never read it. God has always been the One "thing" I could count on. When I am disappointed in people, I turn to God, because I know that HE cares about me. He cares about my circumstances. He cares about the tiniest detail of my life. He always has my best interests at heart. And when things get hairy, as they are now, I can count on God to get me through. Usually He helps me by sending people into my life that can and will help me. That's just how God works.

So, for today, I will put my trust in Him, and have faith that He will send what I need when I need it. Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment