Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21, 2010 - Ecclesiastes 3:1 - Time

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven..."

Sometimes we think the times we are in are the only ones we're ever going to have. If we are riding high on the hog, well, it will always be this way - nothing can stop us now! And if we are scraping the bottom of the barrel, we can't even see daylight for the muck about us, or in us.

But the truth is that not much lasts forever. Relationships bud, grow, grow old, get stale, end. Finances wax and wane. Friendships flourish, or go south. It helps to remember that whatever you are going through right now, God has something else in mind.

Ok, so where am I going with this? God does not want us to stagnate. He doesn't want us to be too comfortable right where we are. How can we grow if we see the same four walls? Do the same thing forever and amen? Associate with the same people; go to the same places? What growth is there in that?

Of course, this is coming from a woman is a nomad at heart and always has been. As soon as I get comfortable in a place, I want to go somewhere else. As soon as I learn a job really well, I want to do something else. About the only thing this doesn't apply to in my life are my friends, because once I'm your friend, I'm your friend forever, unless something drastic happens to change that.

So, if you are in a season of change, like I am right now, just go with it. Put God in the driver's seat and see where He takes you. That's what I plan to do!

Blessings, Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment